This week has been such a beautiful week. Not only did we welcome our newest bundle of pure joy, William, but I have also been nominated for the Liebster Award 2017 by the lovely Alina Marcu from www.breakthefog.wordpress.com. A sweet, kind hearted Doctor, Nutrition and Lifestyle Consultant. She is very dedicated to her blog, and writes from her heart. As a nutrition and lifestyle consultant, she encourages a healthy lifestyle, and is always thriving to live each day to the fullest.
Why and How I started my blog Hooked On Stories
There comes a time in everyone’s lives where you stop, take a look around, and realize that you love doing something so much that you are willing to spend endless amount of time on it. Before I started my blog, I was a teacher teaching ninth-grade English, at our local high school. After I got married, I started working with my husband at our family business as the office manager. When I became pregnant and slowly transitioned into a stay at home mom I wanted to continue to write because, well, 1. I love to write and 2. I wanted to write my story; hopefully, one day, somebody would find my story interesting and it would effect their life in a positive way. Since transitioning into a stay at home mom, I began to write, and while writing, I have discovered myself all over again, and am continuing to learn new things about myself. One of the biggest things that I have learned about life and myself is that every day is a new story, every day we write one page of our life, every day little stories make up the chapters of our lives. We get hooked on our life, hooked on little moments, and hooked on making ourselves better; Day in and day out. Hence “Hooked on Stories”.
Two Top Tips for New Bloggers
- Find your niche
The most important thing you can do for your blog is find what you are going to write about. It’s important to know what you’re going to write about and put all your effort into that one niche. The more you write about different categories, the more unorganized the blog will be. Pick your one passion, your one calling, and write about that.
- Be Yourself
Write like you talk. Don’t use a thesaurus to sound “smart” and don’t try to be like someone else. There is only one you. Let that you shine. The right audience will find you, and have a stronger engagement with your blog.
LIEBSTER AWARD 2017:
There are a few steps you have to take as you accept this award:
1.Write a post about how and why you’ve started this blog.
2. Include the person who nominated you into your post, add a link to their blog and a short description.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
4. Give new bloggers two pieces of advice.
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated for this award and provide the link to your post.
And now, the time has come. The bloggers I choose to nominate are:
- Vivienne Singer of The Wordy Mom
- Neuza Alexandra of Azuenture
- Dorin Cristian Cizmas of The Sleepy Blogger
- Julie Greer Chickery of Chickery’s Travels
- Sarah Elsbury of Tangled Perfection
- Catherine Owen of The Musings of my Life
- Kerri Byam of Toronto’s Favorite Brooklyn Girl
- Urszula Elka Durzynska of Ooh La La in Paradise
- Jen True of The Brilliant Feminist
- La Toya Hedgepeth of Thoughts of a Woman Revealed
- Megan O’Keeffe of Debatably Dateable
- Fusionista Ren of Fusionista
- Aleigha C. Israel of The Pen of the Writer
- Lia Sanchez of Ideas that Build Cities
- Rubab Bangash of Recipes by Bangash
*Do not forget to follow the rules presented above.
Stay Hooked on the Stories that create life’s chapters.